January 17, 2014

I love New Year's Resolutions

New. Restart. Second chances. Fresh start.

Who doesn't love those things? I know I do. New Year is a chance to make a promise a keep it. That is what I hope to do.

I always make several resolutions, and I admit, I never keep them all, but I usually keep a few.

Here is the list for 2014:
 
1. Make a budget and stick to it.
I am using the Dave Ramsey cash envelope system. Check it out here.
 
2. Read 30 NEW books.
So far I've already read 4 so this shouldn't be too hard. I am going to keep up with each of them along with a small review in this post.
 
3. Run a 10k.
Last year my goal was to run a 5k and so I'm increasing it a bit.
 
4.Teach myself design software.
I have become increasingly interested in the design world. I hope to learn the basics of the Adobe Creative Suite by teaching myself through YouTube tutorials in my spare time. Do you have any favorite YouTube teachers?
 
5. Stop going to food for comfort.
I'm bad at this and I have been going through this devo series which speaks to the spiritual aspect of overeating.
 
6. Limit screentime.
Spend less time watching tv, surfing the internet, and on my phone.
 
7. Thank God for something everyday.
Gratitude builds joy.
 
8. Go on a date.
It's may be a weird New Year's resolution, but its something that I want to happen this year. #judgeorjoin
 
9. Learn to be content or be active in changing my circumstances.
Life is too short to stay unhappy.

What are your New Years resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment