January 14, 2014

Finding Purpose in the Wait

[First off, sorry for the long delay between posts. This year I hope to be more diligent with posting and build a bigger audience. If you linked here from Pinterest and are interested in art, there will be a post coming up about that soon.]

Does anyone really like to wait?

I personally can't stand it. Waiting for a phone call you're expecting seems like it takes hours, waiting to hear big results from a test is excruciating, even waiting in line at the grocery store too long can ruin our mood.

My two biggest "waits" right now that are constantly coming to mind are the long wait for a husband and the wait for my future (as far as my future career path). I do not think that I am alone in either of those.

Yesterday my community group discussed "doubt". For me doubt is closely related to waiting. When I have to wait to. long I start to doubt that I am doing the right thing. Then this morning I read this article on Relevant.com.

Go read it and then come back.

I loved just about everything in there. It was such a great reminder to me that waiting has purpose and I should use it. I love how the author pointed out all of the stories of waiting in the Bible that I've known my whole life, but somehow I still expected that I shouldn't have to wait?

Next time you find yourself waiting remember that God has a purpose in it and look for that. It is an invitation to seek God.

Sovereignty in suffering.
Waiting is expected in the Christian life.
God breaks us to bless us.
Christ is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment